Thursday, December 14, 2006

THE MECK RADIO SHOW w/ Walter Banks - The Most Powerful Man I Know. 12/14/06

--
The Meck Radio Show .. Only @ TheMeck.com
New Shows Posted Weekdays. You Can Listen Any Day .. 24/7.
--
The Meck Radio Show w/ Walter Banks - The Most Powerful Man I Know. 12/14/06
www.TheMeck.com Posted 2:06a ct. Show Time: 39 Mins.

Meck Notes:
An Interview with Walter Banks - The Most Powerful Man I Know.
Why ? Because Walter Banks is a Servant. Reaching Out To Everyone He Meets.
Walter has become a Legend by Serving Others.

Since 1966 Walter Banks has been with the Atlanta Braves ..
serving as the Executive Usher for the Owners Box.[ Aisle 107-Turner Field]
He serves Presidents, Business Leaders, Players and every day People/Fans.
Walter Banks, a servant and treasure, known and loved by so many.

Many children, even Grandma and Grandpa all run up to see Walter Banks
and be near this man of compassion who makes everyone feel special.
Everyone wants to give Walter their favorite number and hear history unfold.
Walter can relate any number to baseball and life.

For the last 48 years .. Walter has worked in the mail room at Rich's [ now Macy's.]
[Walter Banks - Only person I know to hold the same 2 jobs [ both for 40 and 48 years.]

Plus .. Walter is also the greeter for the Ga. Dome Press Box - checking credentials.
[And Walter works the gate at Ga. Tech basketball games.]
--

Since 1966 and the Braves 1st pitch .. Walter has worked over 3 thousand games.
Missed about 10. One was Apr. 27, 2003 when he shot a Commercial with President Carter in Plains.
[ Promoting Hospitality in Plains.] [Aired on Fox Sports Net South.]
Commercial Co-ordinated by Glen Serra. Produced by The Meck.

Closing line in commercial: [on the porch - ice tea - rocking chairs.]
President Carter: ' Walter .. When we're at the Braves game, You take great care of us.
When You're in Plains .. We enjoy taking care of you.'
Walter replies: ' I love it in Plains .. Mr. President.'

Link to commercial story www.TheMeck.com [Walter - Pres. Carter photo]

In 2002 - Walter Banks was elected into " The Georgia Hospitality Hall of Fame."
--

Today's Interview ..
Walter talks about then owner Ted Turner and his kindness.
Also talks about Jane Fonda. His trips to their Montana ranch.
re Ted's success - ' He never overlooks little people.' - Walter Banks

His feelings about President Carter and the TV commercial.

Talks about Bobby Cox and wife Pam.
How Bobby always has T I M E for Walter and the fans.
' He's very, very approachable.- WB

Walter shares about his visit with the CEO of Delta Airlines.
Re CEO's - 'They don't look down and around. They look right at you.' - WB

Walter talks about Hospitality and how much he enjoys helping feed the needy
and homeless on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and MLK Day at Turner Field.
' That could be me. Make 'em feel like ladies and gentlemen.
What is one day out of 365 ?'
--

Walter talks about his upcoming visit to Dothan, Al - Jan. 21, 2007 - Sun Morn.
at First Baptist with Pastor Johnny Fain. Walter's topic ? Serving Others.
[ This is a unique opportunity for Baseball fans to meet Walter.]

On meeting Pastor Fain .. ' What I picked up about him ?
When you sit on a stove .. It doesn't take long to know it's hot.
I knew right off the bat I liked him. He's in the right profession.' - Walter Banks

Re friends Clay and Abby Bowen visiting .. ' I had my picture made with them.
I asked her for her autograph.' - Walter Banks

Re his friend .. The late Annie Lee Cherry of Dothan. [She visited Walter many times with her family.]
'She was a real ambassador of good will. One time she couldn't make it down to see me.
So she sent word for me to please come see her. - Walter Banks

Walter's thoughts on serving: [ excerpts]
' Enjoy people. You don't get somewhere by yourself. Every spoke in the wheel is important.
I'm just so proud to be here. I wanna be here.
If I could just learn one thing a day.' - Walter Banks

Thanks Walter for inspiring us all to be a servant.
No doubt .. that's where you find everlasting fame and fortune.
My life and countless others will never be the same because we met you.
Meck

Before you listen to the interv with Walter .. A final thought.
Any guess what the owner's suite [by the dug-out] was renamed last year ??
The Walter Banks Suite.
--

Coming soon on The Meck Radio Show.
Paul Finebaum - Talk Show Host.
Bobby Cox - The Best Manager in the history of Baseball.
Bobby Clampett - golfer/announcer for CBS and TNT.
--

Please Bookmark the www.TheMeck.com in your favorites
and forward the page to your friends.

Thanks for listening. Turn it up baby.

Meck

Please click on link to hear today's show.

http://www.themeck.com/html/radioshow.htm
--

DLS Voice Productions
Professional Copywriting, Producing, Voicing
DEMO: www.myspace.com/dlsvoiceproduction
--

T I M E spells L O V E
Written by Eddie Carswell and Michael O'Brien
Father's Day, Mother's Day, EVERY Day...

Listen @ www.TheMeck.com

T I M E spells L O V E

Throw me the ball Daddy
I've been waiting all day
I'm so glad you're home and we got some time
So Let's go out and play
Just me and you
It's my favorite thing to do
Daddy I'm tellin' the truth

Chorus
T I M E time
Spells L O V E love
And Love is the one thing
This world needs more of
The choice is up to you
So what will you do
With your T I M E Time
and your L O V E love

I'll never forget you Daddy
You taught me the game so well
It's taken me places I never dreamed
So many stories to tell
How the time has come and gone
And now I have a son of my own
And I'm making sure your memory lives on

Bridge
I've heard it said a time or two
This game of life can take from you
But I found out love isn't really love
Till you give it away

www.TheMeck.com

No comments: