Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Kimmy Carter's Journal: Heading Home Wednesday With Dad and Family - May 31, 2011 / 9:10p

Posted by The Meck
Please Pray For Gary and His Family: Sandy, Christy, Kimmy, and D.J. My heart breaks for them. I can't even imagine their pain. If anybody can defeat this .. I'm Certain it's Jesus and The Kid - Gary Carter. A Wonderful Man and A Blessing To So Many. Thanks For Always Including Me In Your Life, Kid. And The Many Wonderful Memories. I Love You Kid 8. .. Meck
--
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:10 PM, EDT
Tuesday...last night in N.C.
Hello to the roster of TEAM CARTER - 


If you haven't found out already, we met with Dr. Allan Friedman today and the prognosis is that dad has GRADE 4 GLIOBLASTOMA. We are saddened by this news and are in shock remembering just two weeks ago that dad was in uniform coaching his college guys in a Regional game. 
Dr. Allan Friedman was so encouraging and positive - exactly the kind of doctor we need. He told dad to LIVE LIFE and ENJOY LIFE...that is what dad is going to do! He will golf, exercise, coach, spend a lot of family time together and we will all cherish every single moment. I pray you all can do the same thing in your own life. 

ISAIAH 41:10 - Scriptures say, 
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be discouraged, for I am your God, I will strengthen you and help you I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."


Life is throwing us curveballs right now and without a doubt, our lives are forever changed. I ask that you continue to join TEAM CARTER as we fight dad's biggest battle. Mom and dad are beyond excited to go home tomorrow...it will be incredibly uplifting.
We meet tomorrow with Dr. Henry Friedman, Dr. V and staff to setup his Duke treatment plan that will be done in Florida.

We thank you again for everything you all have done. Thank you for your love, support, tears, encouragement and cheers from around the world. WE APPRECIATE IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO APPRECIATE IT!!!
I will not write everyday but I promise to post as often as I can...possibly once a week. Dad will begin his treatments very soon. Our hope and daily strength is in Jesus. As you continue to pray for dad and talk to our Savior, I pray you can grow in your own faith or start your own relationship with Him. 

John 14:6 
"Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

God bless you all.

Sign My Guestbook
-
The Meck Report / Blog - June 1, 2011 - 8:41a
-
Subscribe To The Meck Report/Blog - Rt column
www.TheMeck.com

No comments: