Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Donald V. Watkins re Megan Rondini: This is the worst failure of justice I have seen in my 44-year legal career. - Megan's case presents a level of betrayal and political greed that shocks the conscious of decent Americans. - Somebody has to go to jail in this case.


https://www.facebook.com/donald.v.watkins?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab&pnref=friends.all 


 Donald V. Watkins , Megan's case presents a level of betrayal and political greed that shocks the conscious of decent Americans. Megan Rondini deserved much better than the rigged system she faced at her most vulnerable time in life. Somebody has to go to jail in this case. Megan fought her heart out in the pursuit of justice. I just wish I had met Megan and joined her fight while she was still alive. My soul will not rest until we have brought to justice all of those officials who were sworn to protect Megan but who, instead, failed, bullied, or betrayed her. This is the worst failure of justice I have seen in my 44-year legal career. This is the one time, place and occasion when all fathers and mothers who profess to love their daughters must stand up for Megan. The lesson for law enforcement agents and University of Alabama officials in Megan's case is simple: Not all money is good money. You must do your jobs and protect our children. They are our most precious assets. I am ashamed of what happened here. I must do everything within my power to make it right for Megan and her family. The hottest places in Hell will be reserved for those who would re-victimize Megan Rondini just to seek favor with "Sweet T" Bunn and his family.


No comments: