Sunday, January 13, 2019

Donald V. Watkins: I will call upon the Pulitzer Prize Committee to review the award of John Archibald's 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary.

Donald V. Watkins David Meck Meckley, I will call upon the Pulitzer Prize Committee to review the award of John Archibald's 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary. The Committee needs to know the standard of journalism John Archibald uses in his articles (i.e., "I quoted the comment from 28-year-old memory, and that’s not a smart thing to do. I can’t prove he said it any more than he can prove he didn’t. I sure hope he did say it, because I put those words in his mouth and if they’re wrong I did him a profound disservice.”). If this is the standard John Archibald used for the story in question, only God knows what he used for writing the articles that formed the basis for his Pulitzer.

The Committee also needs to know how AL.comhandled the "retraction" of John Archibald's racist comment today after the media company realized its highly-touted Pulitzer Prize winning columnist fabricated a racist statement that he maliciously attributed to an innocent man. This is a major cover-up for a media organization that prides itself on promoting transparency and accountability in government and corporate affairs. In truth, the organization is as fake as John Archibald's racist quotation.

No comments: