Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Meck: Gary Carter, Kid 8, Enters God's Hall Of Fame Today


Gary Carter with The Meck in Atlanta


Posted by The Meck - Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 - 5:19p
-
I got the call about 30 minutes ago from my longtime friend Tim Teufel - 'Gary passed away. ' I asked him to repeat it and he did. It's still hard to believe.

We talked a few minutes about The Kid and The Great Memories.
Of course, Tim Teufel and Gary Carter were teammates on the New York Mets when they won the 1986 World Series.

The Kid has beaten the pain and he finally is feeling good again. Like Tuff said 'probably hitting a 2 iron about now.' He loved playing golf. And he could flat play.

A Major League Baseball Legend and Hall of Famer, The Kid has finally made The Real Hall -- God's Hall of Fame. Where The Score Last Forever.
The required vote isn't 75% like MLB's Hall of Fame.

The Angels Voted and it was Unanimous for Gary Carter - Kid 8 in God's Hall of Fame - Today.

He leaves many trophies here on earth - the thousands of lives he reached out and touched in a special way. Like only he could. The Kid took all those names/trophies with him today to heaven.

I pray for his wonderful wife Sandy, his children Christy, Kimmy, and D.J.
You know their loss and pain is great.

Kid, I know you lived every day of your life .. just like it was your last.
You loved life. And your life touched so many.

I will always be grateful that you included me in your life and the many wonderful memories .. I will always remember. Thanks for your TIME Kid.

My life will never be the same because of you and your wonderful family.

Thanks Kid 8 for touching my life and so many, many others. You are still The Best.

I wish we could go to the yard together .. just one more time.

The Meck




No comments: