Thursday, July 26, 2018

Why I Stand For The National Anthem | Donald Watkins - America has given me a gratifying opportunity to engage in nation-building at home and abroad in 47 countries. Standing for the National Anthem is my way of saying “thank you” to every American who made this incredible journey possible. To my friends who play football in the National Football League, I simply say this: One day I will own one of these teams. I work long and hard everyday to achieve this personal goal. When I acquire my NFL team, you WILL stand for the National Anthem and you will do so proudly, or you will NOT play for me. You will NOT dishonor the memory of the tens of millions of Americans of interracial goodwill who sacrificed their time, energy, and personal safety so that we could pursue and live the American dream.

MORE
https://www.donaldwatkins.com/articles-1/why-i-stand-for-the-national-anthem


No comments: