Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What Jack Harbaugh Gave To Football Besides His Super Bowl Sons - WKDQ.com - Eric Comish - Thanks to Jack Harbaugh, I was able to enjoy countless Saturdays in the fall, walking from my dorm in Bowling Green, Kentucky to enjoy some tailgating, before watching an exciting game of football from the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. You see, many credit Jack Harbaugh with saving the WKU football program. I guess the small, independent, division 1-AA team wasn’t doing enough to help the school, but boy did that change. - Because of Jack’s dedication to the football at WKU, the program grew. The teams got better. He even used help from his sons who were official/unofficial members of the coaching staff to recruit better players to Bowling Green. As ‘volunteer’ coaches, they used their name and clout to make players aware of little old Bowling Green, Kentucky and the Hilltoppers. By 2002, Jack Harbaugh had built a team good enough to win the National Championship. Just before my last semester at Western, I could boast my team as the 1-AA National Champs!

More
http://wkdq.com/what-jack-harbaugh-gave-to-football-besides-his-super-bowl-sons/


No comments: