Friday, May 11, 2012

Column: David Meckley on His Father, Mr. Dick Meckley - Plus Comments by Ben Crenshaw - March 8, 2001 - TheMeck.com -I'll end this column with a letter from Dad's friend, Ben Crenshaw, who called me and talked for 30 minutes about my Dad, and asked me to read this tribute at Dad's memorial service. Mr. Crenshaw wrote, "We lost a friend a short while ago, a friend to us all who loved golf, Mr. Dick Meckley. I so enjoyed my conversations with him over the years as we shared observations about the people we have met through golf, the people who work within the industry, about golf equipment, golf swings and especially golf courses and their upkeep. We shared a lot. I looked forward to talks with him because they were so soothing, so genuine and so entertaining. "I looked to him as a sort of surrogate father. We shared a lot of things, but that's what friends do. I think everyone was enriched by knowing Dick Meckley. God Bless him and his family."


http://themeck.blogspot.com/2012/05/david-meckley-on-his-father-mr-dick.html


No comments: