Wednesday, October 13, 2010

BOBBY COX: THE BEST SKIPPER EVER .. LAST GAME FOR NO. 6

By The Meck - Oct 13, 2010 - 2:29a
Bobby Cox: The Best Skipper Ever .. No, 6's Last Game.

I could hardly believe my eyes and my ears. No way. Bobby Cox would be in the dugout forever.
He is THE SKIPPER .. THE BEST.
I hear it really is true. He has really retired.
The Braves will miss him. The fans will miss him. Baseball will forever miss him.

It will never be the same without this wonderful man, Bobby Cox, as the leader of the Braves.
No more No. 6 sitting in the dugout, and of course the consistent lean against the dugout wall. That picture we've seen every nite in our living room for the last 20 yrs. No more of his nicknames, and loudly spoken words of encouragement as his players come to bat.

No more Mr Calm. No more Mr Like A Rock. No matter the score.
No More Mr Loyalty. Which gave him the all-time record for ejections. No more .. I've always got your back. Even if you're 0 for 22. Bobby Cox could find positive things to say about your swing.

He has done many wonderful things for so many players, so many people. I am one of those fortunate many.
He touched my life in many ways .. always encouraged me. He was the best listener.
He always had TIME for The Meck and anyone else.

When I sat by him many times in the dugout or in his office .. he would always make me laugh and smile.
He was Mr. Encourager. I let him know .. 'If I ever go to the electric chair .. I'd like to have my last meal with you.' He could make you feel good about anything.

Bobby Cox has the '2 essentials that meet in the middle to reach a goal.'
'Passion and Compassion.' Passion: what you do in life.
Compassion: Others .. Others .. Others.

He taught me by his example .. How to accept others .. Just as they are.
After all .. That's the way he accepted me .. and everyone else.
I'm still practicing that Bobby Cox lesson. Still got a few bases to go.

Bobby Cox, no doubt, has the Gift Of Greatness .. 'The Ability To Make Those Around You Feel Great.'
I didn't feel so great watching him at the press conference last nite.
It hurt him to talk about his last game and his players. It was painful to watch.
You know how much Bobby Cox cares.

What will he do this coming spring 2011? After 51 yrs .. 51 Straight Springs of Baseball.?
It will never be the same without Bobby Cox in the dugout. Not for The Skipper, Not for You, Not for Me.

All the best to Bobby and his wonderful wife, Pam.
They gave all of us .. So much of Their TIME. And We Are Very Grateful.

My Life Will Never Be The Same .. Thanks To Bobby Cox.

The Meck

The Meck Report - Oct 13, 2010 - 2:29a
www.TheMeck.com
The Meck Radio Show w/ Bobby Cox - 2007 Podcasts

Subscribe To The Meck Report/Blog - Rt hand column 
Follow The Meck Report/ Blog on Twitter
--

Bobby Cox Links from Oct 11, 2010  SF Giants 3 - Braves 2. Giants win NLDS











No comments: